hazynuts

08 February 2006

Update

Everyone says Hazel looks like me, but I know it isn't true. I know it's a case of our one mutual signature feature dominating the vision of the people. Red curly hair does not a person make. Were it true I would look as good in bangs as Hazel does. Alas, I do not.


Today I cut Hazel's hair for the first time! All I did was trim her bangs. Her father had to hold her while she screamed and pulled at her hair dramatically. We all thought I was going to end up poking him in the eyes with the scissors. I'll post a picture of her new bangs soon, but they don't look much different than the usual.

Another wild thing she did today was kick one of her doc marten mary jane shoes off while we were in the grocery store. The shoe flew past my head and landed on one of the Burt's Bee's make-up displays. Luckily nothing was broken. Doc Martens are some thick-soled heavy shoes.

I thought I should also include a photo of Hazy on her new trike and a picture of all the posessiveness a two-year-old can muster when she thinks some other toddler is going to encroach upon her OMSI joy.



3 Comments:

  • At 2/13/2006 4:27 AM, Blogger Beck-a-roo said…

    So funny but so true how people generalize appearance!! Don't I know it!

     
  • At 2/14/2006 9:06 AM, Anonymous ritchey said…

    what a little skunk!! She gets so big. I sent these to Andrew so he can marvel over it. I can't tell you what an impact your visit to our SC house made on him. He gets all dewy-eyed when I talk about Hazel. You look so pretty in that first picture, both of you. I can't believe you're a momma. I will probably never believe it of any of my friends, or of myself. It is truly a wild ride.

     
  • At 2/18/2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    I think she's such a combo of you and the boy.
    Lu thinks that every cute baby looks like her, she loves her so.
    Lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>