hazynuts

29 July 2006

A quick post while Hazel and her father are at the store.

We went to Virginia and Hazel got to meet some of my extended family. They drove eight hours just to meet her, and they brought her lots of love and a few hand-me-downs from their large brood. My absolute favorite of their gifts: a selection of leotards. When I was a little girl I put in many, many hours twirling and leaping through the house. Even now I dance a little bit nearly everyday. Hazel's daddy likes to dance, too. He was lucky enough to have years of ballet as a child, while I took no dance classes until I was an adult. And Hazel did start dancing before she could walk, cliche as it sounds. As soon as I saw the leotards I dressed her up and she set to twirling and frog jumping.


2 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2006 1:35 PM, Blogger K said…

    Ok. that is so cute, it makes me a little misty :D Something to look forward to, i guess, eh?

     
  • At 7/30/2006 9:15 AM, Anonymous joie said…

    Hi Rachel! Looks like you are having a great summer...Are we lucky, or what?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>